Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nov. 6 7:40

Levi is worried about the farmers in Green River. He needs to make sure they have what they need. He keeps talking about Blaine.

He tried to get out of bed as always and I told him again that he can't. He asked why and I told him he has to have his brace on. He ask why he needed to wear a brace so I told him that the drs. fixed his back and he said "retards". (we are still laughing!) He said his brace was bothering the he** out of him. Today he told me the girl behind the desk (out in the hall) is dumb.

Jen asked him if he remembered what happened and he said (very seriously) ya, I was stupid, I was beat up by a cow. (I think it has taken me 5 mins. to write this sentence because I can't stop laughing!!!) So, cows in Green River, be afraid, be very afraid!

Ellasanka Dunk who are you? Levi says we need a picture of you to put on the web.

Jen and the grandchildren came to visit today. Levi remembered them. He needed a little help with their names but he knew their ages. He even teased Julie about being 25. She said, "no, I'm 5!" He said, "I'm only 20 years off". (so we know he can do math-he was also able to speak Spanish to the nurse) This is typical of his relationship with Julie and his sense of humor. And he held Abbie.

Thanks Bro. Cox for your visit. We'll see if we can keep him redirected to working on those ideas you left with him.

Our focus is still on cognition and the ability to swallow. That's where our prayers are.

2 comments:

Ty Pearson said...

"Retards." That is so awesome. And beat up by cows?! I love reading your updates and how you remain positive and upbeat but still have the ability to see the humor in certain situations. I, for one, depend on humor to just get by day to day.

Levi, I'll make a special trip to Green River and make sure those cows rue the day they messed with you. I know a guy named Guido that is very well connected in the rural west. Those bovine buggers won't even know what hit them.

Stacy said...

Being beat up by a cow made me laugh until I cried. Imagining you guys there laughing hysterically made me laugh even more. I'm sure glad you guys can still have a good laugh in the situation. Have a good day!