Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nov. 1 12:58 p.m.

I have been so very busy! I'm sorry I haven't posted. I'm hoping things will settle down into some better routine this coming week. Maybe around Wednesday. We are waiting for Emily's contacts from the Moran Eye Center. We had hoped they would come in yesterday. So now maybe Monday or Tuesday. They have to train her to use them and that will take about an hour. She has to have hard contacts to treat the keratoconus. She says they are very uncomfortable but she'll get used to them.

Thank you so much to those who have visited. I'm sad that I missed all of you.

We have a little miscommunication. Not surprising since I can't seem to keep my thoughts straight lately! Levi did ask about Deborah and Ted. But the prayers were a different time. We were just visiting and he began to say a prayer. He had done this once before. He did a lot of mumbling then said "in the name, mumble, amen" The next time he started it pretty clearly and was thankful for all the children to help move the cars. Then a lot of mumbling. The last time, which was just a few minutes after the second time, he asked Emily if she would join us in prayer. He started and fell asleep. We wondered if maybe he was in a meeting! lol So Ted and Deborah I hope we didn't scare you. Sorry.

I was with David yesterday as Jen mentioned. He had surgery about 10:00 a.m. We had to be there at 8:30 and we left about 12:45. When we got home Alison was there helping the children put on costumes and makeup. They looked great! The house was a mess! We got it picked up this a.m. and I left them with a few more things to do so I could come back to the hospital.

They told me that Levi walked with the walker 3 times around the halls this morning! Now he is pretty tired. The speech therapist is with him now. At 2:30 the OT comes in then he will be finished for the day.

Levi just called out Doreen's name and was wondering if they threw eggs in the oven. He is right with us one minute and somewhere else the next. But he is becoming a little bit clearer each day.

The speech therapist just left so he gets to rest for about 25 minutes then the occupational therapist will be here.

If those of you who have expressed a desire to read to Levi could e-mail me or Jen to let us know which days are good for you we would like to get that going. The best time is between 4 and 8 p.m. any day. My e-mail is kellynlevi@yahoo.com and Jen is onenjen@yahoo.com. Some ideas are anything related to airplanes, science, nature, current events (maybe read him the newspaper) and anything you may have had discussions about together. Also, If you could let us know if you visited when we were not here. He unfortunately does not yet remember too well so I would like to keep a guest list for him. That way we can ask him questions to help him with short term memory. It will also be nice for him to see later. I'll try to remember to put one in the room so you can just sign when you come.

Well, the OT is about to come in so I'm going to close this now. I'll try to post again later, if not, tomorrow.

O.k. it is now 3:10 and just noticed the red cooler bag! Thank you!
Now I'm going to close this post No just kidding. I need to know from Craig or Chris or someone if you know the dr. he saw about his arm awhile back. He didn't go to our regular dr. he had to go somewhere else. It might be helpful to know about that injury as part of his history and as something ongoing. It might be part of the problem with his right arm as they can't find any break. Thanks so much!

Now I really am closing. :)

4 comments:

Wendy D said...

We were so sorry to hear of the accident. We have been following you blog since it started. It has been great to hear of Levi's progress. Glad to hear that he was able to be moved much closer to home. That will help you out a lot. We would love to come and visit soon. Let us know when there is an evening available. Is there anything we can do to help out? We miss you guys! Love, The Driggs Family

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry about the Doreen and Ted prayers, I totally misunderstood that one!! Hope I didn't scare you guys:)
Thanks for the post, I know things are crazy right now. Hopefully I'll be down in a couple of days to see you and dad. Glad to hear is doing well in PT. By the way, to anyone who wants to visit dad, please email myself at onenjen@yahoo.com and I will let you know if there are any visitors at the time you would like to come. So far, we only have a couple of people lined up, so please feel free to visit him, I know he would appreciate it.

MomjanChristensen said...

Hi Levi
We are pulling for you! Keep working hard and one day in the future you will be glad for the hard work. We want you back and we want you to remember us. Our prayers are with you.

Kelly--please read my email and get back. I know you are busy but you'll want to read this email.

Love
Bob and Jan Christensen

MomjanChristensen said...

I don't get this blogger stuff. Just so you know, "Momjan" is Bob and Jan Christensen. I will straighten this out as soon as I figure it out.