Monday, November 10, 2008

Nov. 10 7:20

Levi had another rough night last night. This a.m. they wouldn't let him eat anything because they were taking him down to remove the IVC filter. They only gave him something to relax him and then lidocaine(sp?) in his neck where they go in to pull it out. He did not have a general so I'm not sure why he couldn't have breakfast. The procedure was very difficult for him. Apparently it had already begun to "take root" so to speak. The removal was painful. When the speech therapist tried to give him lunch his throat was just too sore. He did have about three bites of the yogurt parfait Mark brought and one or two sips of the apple juice.

On a good note, Dale came to visit and I could tell Levi enjoyed it.

He keeps calling everyone, including me, Gordon. (Although he did call for me by the right name while he was having the filter removed)

No mention of Blaine or anyone else today but I had to leave at 2:30 so I didn't have the pleasure of his evening rambles tonight.

He was asleep when I left so if anyone visited tonight he was hopefully a little clearer.

David gets his stitches out in the morning and Emily needs to go to DMV in the afternoon and Hillary has a performance for the Veterans (the H.S. choirs sing). Another busy day.

Oh, he was asking me about my necklace. He said he saw a necklace floating around. He could be mixing up his words as usual but he was looking and pointing. The psychologist says he might be hallucinating. She is going to check all his meds and see if there is anything better they can be doing. (Do angels wear jewelry?)

Anyway I need to finish other things tonight so I'll update tomorrow. If anyone visited please comment on how that went.

Thanks!

3 comments:

fredc said...

How are his kidneys doing? any signs of gout?

That could cause problems seeing things, as do meds.

I do know if someone is haven't problems with their memories, they can dream something, and then have trouble remembering it was just a dream.

I am still hoping for Levi to be able to get off his feeding tube soon. The skin in his throat has be be pretty parched.

Dale said...

It was great to see Levi yesterday. The first thing he said to me was "Hello Dale" although later he was calling me and everyone else "Gordon." I tried immediately to see if his Spanish was intact. He responded appropriately to everything, although he said he didn't understand some words. I spoke to him some about his mission and if he remembered being there. We talked some about Santiago and if there were trees or not and if he could remember the greenery. He responded well, you could see that he was thinking and remembering.

I challenged him to arm wrestle and he tightened his grip and tried hard to pull my arm. He felt strong with a good grip, although you could see it was hard to do. He did that a few times. He is doing much better than when Ed Reuling and myself went to see him shortly after the accident. I was happy to see his progress. I do expect full recovery will be lengthy.

He kept trying to take his feeding tube out and pull his turtle shell away from his chest. I think that is normal for him right now. As I recall He did say he wanted to go. When asked where, he said he wanted to go home. I sure hope that things will improve daily so that he can return home.

He needs to know if he doesn't already know that our family keeps him in our prayers. He's always been a great friend and we love him.

LaLena said...

Kelly, You are an amazing woman. You and Wendy were the best visiting teachers I ever had. You really helped me during a really hard time in my life. Thankyou.

I sounds like Levi is making good progress. That is fantastic. You, Levi, and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.