Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oct 29th 11:18 am




Dad started his physical therapy today, hooray! I just got off the phone with mom and she said that he was able to get his shirt on by himself, he pushed the wheels of the wheelchair a couple of rounds by himself and walked about 25 feet being assisted and using a walker. For his first day, this is great work! Mom has been at the hospital with him and was able to help a little with the therapy.

I forgot to mention yesterday that they had to redo his feeding tube shortly after I arrived yesterday afternoon, we think he must have pulled it out in the ambulance on his way to the new hospital...*sigh*, but they were able to remove the catheter today so I'm sure that is much more comfortable for him.

After I posted last night I stayed for a couple more hours and we wrote down some of the things he said and did so we could share them with you on the blog. He talked about the young men going on a hike this year, he mentioned someone by the name of Bob Geise (sp?), (sounded like dice but with a hard g) and how he needed to "stick around for 3 hours for construction"...we don't know what that was about but thought we would post it in case there is someone by that name:) Also, when one of the physical therapists came in to introduce herself last night she asked dad what he wanted to be called, he said "Brother Allen", lol!! He asked about the children and when the doctor asked who his oldest daughter was he said "Morgan":) Not quite, but we'll work on that:) Toward the end of the evening dad fell asleep while Jordan read my favorite book, "The Tale of Three Trees", to him.

Dad has physical therapy anytime between 8am-4pm everyday, so it would be best to visit him between 4pm-8pm. We would like to limit his visits to 2 per day if possible so he doesn't get over stimulated too quickly, he will need a lot of rest while he is working so hard in therapy. If you would like to come for a short visit, please either leave a comment on the newest post or email myself at onenjen@yahoo.com. I will try to figure out some sort of calendar to put on the blog so you will know what days are open. Thanks!!

5 comments:

Laura Kae Brandler said...

I am amazed every time I read a new post. Wonderful progress.

Burnhams said...

Levi, glad to hear you are progressing! Good for you!
Jen, I do remember you , a little. Thanks for answering my question
Heather

mbeck said...

Wonderful news! David and I were out of town for several days and were very excited to hear about Levi's progress when we returned. We would like to come visit, so I will check with Jen. Kelly, I do need to talk to you about the oil and gas lease stuff, so please call me when you will be home so I can come visit with you. You are all in our prayers daily. Mary Ann and David Beck

Dale said...

I am glad for the reports. Ed Reuling and I went to visit a few days after the accident. I can see that he seems to be doing much better. Lynn Russell wanted to be able to visit with us sometime. I would like to test his Spanish. If he can recollect his mission, his Spanish may still be intact. Let me know when Me, Ed, and Lynn could drop by. IF there is anything we can do let me know please.

Ted said...

Tell Levi that we think of often and wish him a speedy recovery.
ted and Jackie