Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oct. 25 7:34 (emily)

Hey everyone! It's just mom and me today. We arrived here in time to see my dad strapped in the tortoise shell (brace) and stand up! With help of course but still he stood up and walked a little. He was able to walk in the direction that the physical therapists told him which shows that he knows left right front and back. He was having a little trouble with his right leg. He wouldn't straighten it or put much weight on it. They say that might be because of the surgery on his back. The therapist also told us to give dad more specific instructions such as "touch your head" instead of "raise your arm". Chris, Lisa and there son Jonathon came by today to say hi. Dad talked a lot while they were here. After they left, my dad was pretty quiet so we figured he was sleeping. I worked on homework until five when we had to leave. We just got back and learned that while we were gone he read the sign that we made, it says We Love You Dad! And yesterday he thought he was in Africa. lol. He will be transferred on Monday to IMED. Love you all and thank you for everything that you have been doing to help my family.
P.S. Please direct some of your comments to my dad. My mom thinks that in a week he will be reading them himself.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dad!! Thanks for the update Emily, I'm glad you are there with him today :) Give him our love!! If they are for sure moving him Monday, I might go ahead and come down, do we know a time yet?? Love you honey,
Jen

dawn said...

YAH Levi!!!It is great to hear he is doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Stacy said...

Glad to hear he is making such great strides in his recovery! I was just wondering what his state of consciousness is during the standing and also when he is talking/resting.
Hope everyone is still hanging in there. =)

THE WOMACK 8 CREW said...

We are so happy to hear of the progress Levi is making. We are all praying for a miracle and know that through faith, miracles can and do happen. Keep your heads up and Kelly, remember to take time for yourself

Laura Kae Brandler said...

That is amazing the difference a week has made. I am so impressed with the progress Levi is making. It will probably be really excelerated once he moves to the rehab center. You have all been so loving and caring to him and I am sure that has made all the difference in his recovery. Thanks so much for keeping up updated, you are all on my mind a lot.
XOXO
Laura

Daniel and Candice said...

Way to go Levi! We're still praying for you. Have faith, it's through faith all things are possible.
Kelly and family please read
Read D&C 98;1-3. I think it will help.
(Thank you Brother Crane and Brother Dela Vega for sharing this scripture with our family)
Love, Candice and the Hughes Family

fredc said...

I am glad he keeps getting better.

I hope he is off his feeding tube. Is he?

Will have be out of the ICU yet?

gib ekker said...

Levi get better soon! I am praying for you and your family. I am glad to hear of his recovery so far. Take care and I hope to be able to see you sometime soon in the future. Gib Ekker