Friday, October 10, 2008

Oct. 10 11:40

The respiratory therapist was just in and said the breathing mask is working well. They did do a deep suction earlier today and it has made a big difference. Jen, Steve, and Emily (also Abbie) are here.
Now it is Oct 11 1:00 a.m. Jen and Steve left so Em and I are going to go to the guest house in a little while to get some sleep.
Last night the nurse put my name in for a room so I got one for the weekend. It is like a hotel room with a big common kitchen.
Anyway, Levi's latest check is the same. His blood pressure is 137/80 and his icp (brain pressure) is 6. These numbers are good. He is still not responding to commands but he does squeeze my hand when I hold his. Maybe tomorrow he will be "lighter" as they put it. The surgeon said it would be like this, good days and not so good.
We really appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

hi kelly,
We are keeping all of you in our prays and thoughts. Please know that if you want Laura and I to come will be there ok. thanks for keeping us up dated. my family thinks about him and wonders what is happening all the time. i am so sorry this has happened to your family but, remember this to will pass. it may not be easy right now but it will pass. i hope today will be a good day and that he will have more good days then bad.
love you guys.
lynn

Laura Kae Brandler said...

I thought you were going to go to bed early last night. Glad the kids are with you. His brain pressure is so much better, didn't you say he was at 14 before? I hope he does well today. You are on our temple prayer roll and in my own personal thoughts and prayers. Take good care of yourself, if you get sick, you won't able to be there. Rest as much as you can. xoxo Laura