Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dec. 21 7:40 p.m.

Weeeeeeee. We have just zoomed into the year 2000. We have Qwest high speed, dsl, something. We had dial up for about $22 now we should pay about $15, at least that was the ad. We might find out differently on our first bill, but right now I'm still hopping with the ether bunny so I'm happy. ;)

We only got to one store on Friday (David went with me). We finished there at about 2:45 and realized I hadn't heard from the girls who were at the mercy of friends' phones as they had both forgotten theirs that a.m. We headed for the high school at a slippery five mph fearing they might have tried walking. 20 mins. later we were a mile from the school and they called. On a clear day it would have taken us about 5 mins. to get there from where we started. It took another 10 mins to finish that last mile.

I decided I would finish my shopping on Monday. I better start early, someone told me we have another storm coming in Monday! I will persevere and prevail!

We have had a couple of visits from friends. The Scott Maybe family and Lynn & Diane Russell came by with lots of goodies! Thank you! :) A big thank you also to the Tomers!

Thank you to all our friends and family that follow the blog and care about us. I won't be posting quite so often as the progress is now at a slow and steady pace and will probably continue in that manner for a couple of years.

Great news, Levi's friend, Dale, has almost completely recovered!

We love you all and hope you have a very merry Christmas (and a happy Hanukkah)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, we are almost to Christmas...pretty soon we will wonder where the time went!!
So, has anyone talked about dad going back to work on Monday??? Has he been in there yet? I know you mentioned his birthday as THE day (as far as FMLA). Just wondering how all that is going. See you SOON!!!
Love,
Jeny

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Oh do keep blogging, I love knowing what you are up to too as well as Levi's progress. I miss you and your family. Blogging is a great way to keep in touch with everyone. I hope you have a wonder ful Christmas.
xoxo
Laura

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

Hey Kelly. I'm glad things are slowly improving. It's so amazing, isn't it? Anyone who says prayers don't work....

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a great and less "adventuresome" 2009!