Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dec. 14 7:13 a.m.

Wow, it's been awhile! We've been busy trying to get Christmas pulled together. We also have been to some dr. appts. (one for Levi and one for Emily) Emily's eyes are still adjusting to the hard contact lenses. We go back in 6 mos. Levi's hearing in his left ear may be considered permanent due to nerve loss from the fracture.
We have 2 appts. tomorrow. Dr. Cook for vision, and Dr. Riechman for the follow up on his surgeries.
Levi is still progressing every day. We have been shopping for things he wanted to buy such as his radio and a new laptop. I think he is gearing up to go back to work on his janitorial business!
We also attended an insurance meeting at Cookietree on Friday. He really enjoyed seeing everybody! He is so anxious to get back to work. Well, he is up now and ready for church so I'll have to close.
More later. :)

4 comments:

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Thanks for the update, I've been missing it! Are you feeling better? Getting more rest? And of course Xmas is coming, more to do.
Love you.

Ty Pearson said...

I can't tell you how awesome it was to see Levi at Cookietree. He's a living, walking miracle. Incredible to think that he has come from managing a faint "yes" from his hospital bed to chatting up his old co-workers in typical Levi-style.

He didn't remember my name, but I was thrilled to see that he remembered Mark, Marilyn, Rita, Harold and others that he'd worked with for a longer period of time.

My favorite of the exchange from the afternoon went thus:

Rita - "Hey Levi, it's good to see you!"
Levi - "Oh hi Rita, well it IS good to see me considering where I was!"

Or something to that effect. Awesome day. I'm just elated.

Lynn said...

wow kelly that is great. I too have been missing the update and wondering how things have been going for you guys. sounds like he is doing pretty good. good luck tomorrow at the dr.'s appt.
lynn

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad dad had a good time at work, I know he is going crazy not being there. I'm sure his friends were very happy to see him. Good luck with the dr. appts, let me know how they go. See you guys SOON!!!
Jeny