Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dec. 2 12:26 am

So much for getting any sleep. I'll keep working on that.

Thanks to Caroline and Sarah Atherton. They brought dinner to us last night and I realized it was the first time we ate together as a family since before the accident! Also thanks to visitors Fernando Marticorena and Richard Russell. Richard is such a nice man. Levi admired his tie tack so Richard took it off and gave it to him! And the book he brought looks to be a good one. Thanks also to the Kangas, Homan, and Peery families (Jen's in-laws) for the beautiful flowers they sent for Thanksgiving. Also, the Fry's for the beautiful poinsettia plant and the adorable gingerbread house. Thanks for the comments and continued interest in Levi's condition and well being. Not to vaunt, but we have the best friends and family! (that encompasses ward members and co-workers!)

It was really interesting to listen to Richard and Levi. Levi was really remembering a lot of things from the Russell's Ice Cream years. I think it was a very stimulating conversation for Levi. It's interesting that he remembers operational procedures from his job 3-4 years ago and not his children's names. There's a topic for discussion when he gets better. :)

The occupational therapist was here last night and played some card games with Levi. I grew up going to Vegas with my parents and playing cards all night with my cousin, Laura. I love games and puzzles. Levi does not. So I'm hoping he will learn to like them now. It is a very important part of his therapy.

We are still concerned with balance, his right elbow, his left ear(lost the hearing), silent aspiration (can't swallow properly), and frontal lobe damage. Also, keeping him busy on things that are safe for him to do. He needs to be working. (I need him to go back to work!)

It has been only one week that he has been home, but it has been an eventful one. The neighbors who don't know about Levi might think we are running a drug house! We have people coming and going all the time. We must have the therapists and we love to have the visitors so it will continue and we will adapt. And I must say the therapists are very nice people.

We have a crazy day coming up today so I need to get to bed. 6 am comes very early!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your day!! I'm SO grateful for the friends and family that visit dad, I know he appreciates and enjoys the visits very much and it's very good for him. Thank You!!
(baby is crying, gotta go:)
Love,
Jeny